THE SESSION CORNER
by Ginny Bradford, Clerk of Session
The April meeting of the Session included several motions for approval and several items of information.
• Judy Welch, local audiologist and church member, was invited to give a presentation on a magnetic induction loop system for the sanctuary and how this system can help hearing impaired individuals who wear hearing aids with a T-Coil. T-Coil loop systems create a magnetic wave that can be picked up by the t-coil present in many hearing aids. This allows sound from a microphone or other input to be heard directly in the wearer’s ear. A motion was approved to actively pursue this for the sanctuary. Property Ministry Team and Worship Ministry will work together on this project.
• Property Ministry Team announced that a church-wide workday will be May 9, 9:00 – noon.
• Church Family Fellowship Ministry Team:
Children and adults enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt and lunch on March 28. Pentecost Sunday will be observed on May 24 with a potluck dinner served after the 11:00 am worship service.
• Personnel Ministry Team:
A Stranger Danger Policy is being implemented for the Preschool.
• Finance Ministry Team: March report – Income $46,750 YTD $123,681; Expenses $49,522 YTD $137,213; net ($2,772) YTD ($13,532).
• Stewardship Campaign plans are underway for October.
• Outreach Ministry Team: Bob Kellar is now B-DRPC representative to the General Assembly of Transylvania Christian Ministry. Luck Shepherd’s House Calls continue to help individuals with home repairs. Luck is also now on the Property Committee at Sharing House. The Bloomin’ Plant Sale will be held April 30-May 2 at Jiffy Lube and all proceeds will go to Whitewater Cove.
• Planning and Development Committee is planning a Session Retreat for May 2.
• Session approved a motion from Worship Ministry Team that the Kirkin’ of the Tartans will be help October 11, 2015 at both worship services.
• Weekday Children’s Ministry Team announced that the Scholarship Fund Drive for the Preschool is underway and that all church members were mailed a letter promoting the scholarships and asking for their help.